Foreign nationals who wish to visit Mongolia must obtain visas of appropriate types corresponding to the purpose of their visit. Nationals of those countries, which have concluded visa exemption agreements with Mongolia, are not required to obtain a visa if the intended period of the visit is not beyond the period allowed under such arrangements.
For more information, please see / List of visa free countries /
In order to apply for a visa, you must submit your visa application at a Mongolian diplomatic mission (Embassy/Consulate). Location and contact information of the diplomatic missions can be found on the following link. / List of Mongolian diplomatic/consular mission /
The Government of Mongolia has started issuing e-visa to citizens of 36 countries.
Citizens of eligible countries are able to apply for 3 categories of e-visa through https://www.evisa.mn/:
- K2 visa for tourist;
- K4 visa for participants in sports or cultural and arts events, as well as creating films and content;
- K6 visa for transit (for transit - up to 10 days)
E-visa applicants are no longer required to submit his/her passport and original supporting documents to the nearest Diplomatic Missions of Mongolia. It is able to receive e-visa by his/her email within 72 hours.
However, applicants are advised to hold digital or printed version of his/her e-visa to present to airlines and Mongolian border officials when travelling to Mongolia.
The nationals not eligible e-visa, advised to apply visa at nearest embassy or diplomatic mission.
Tourist visa requirements
- Completed application form;
- Passport in original (must be valid for a minimum of six months before your intended travel to Mongolia);
- 3.5×4.5cm photo (the size of the photo is mandatory);
- Proof of visa fee payment (the fee is non-refundable);
- Proof of sufficient funds, i.e. bank statements for the recent six months (if necessary);
ON ARRIVAL/TRANSIT VISA INFORMATION
- Tourists who are coming from listed countries are eligible to obtain on-arrival visa at the airport in Ulaanbaatar or Mongolian border points.
Important notice: To avoid longer processing times, travelers are advised to complete the application form prior to their arrival in Mongolia. Visa fee shall be paid on arrival.
Visitors coming to Mongolia for a purpose other than tourism may only be issued on-arrival visa if the following requirements are met:
- You must have an inviting person/entity who must apply for your on-arrival visa approval at the Immigration Agency of Mongolia prior to your expected date of arrival;
- Official/diplomatic visitors could be issued on-arrival visa if on-arrival visa approval granted based on request of inviting government/public organization applies for your at the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia.
Designation, validity term, duration of stay, and number of entries of visa is all-different depending on types of a visa.
Please find more information about Mongolian visa from visa-total (immigration.gov.mn) .